Jeff knows from personal experience that becoming a “self-student”
is the long-term tool that will equip you with confidence and skill
to succeed at higher and higher levels.
During every lesson, you get an expert demonstration from Jeff
of one or more of Jeff’s Top 12 Tactics to help you succeed
at your homework, reading, test, essay or other project.
That is a lot of tactics! But hey, Jeff’s been perfecting them for a long time.
· Notes: Read Every Day from Start to Finish
· Notecards: Questions & Answers, One-Word Lists
· Read Ahead: Don’t Wait for Class, Lecture or Study Group
· Reading Comprehension: Search & Anticipate, Circle & Connect
· 3 Times in a Row: Read the Same Question
· 3 Times in a Row: Solve the Same Problem
· Word Problems: Jeff’s Word Problem Wedge
· Writing: Is it True? Is it Enough? Is it Too Much?
· Topic Sentences: Relationships and Meaning
· Multiple Choice: Cross out Wrong Answers
· Foreign Language: Before, Now, Later
· Practice Tests: Make Your Own
30-45 minute Zoom conference during which Jeff listens to the goals desired to be reached, concerns about reaching those goals, history of the academic situation. Jeff offers suggestions on how those goals can be reached by self-study and by studying with Jeff. If agreeable, a trial lesson or regular lesson can then be scheduled.
45 minute Zoom lesson to study one or more academic subjects previously identified and make sure that studying with Jeff is a good fit.
During the lesson, Jeff will explain topics and look for ways that problems and questions can be solved and analyzed better. Jeff will offer suggestions on study methods that may be useful when the student is working on their own, including flash cards, practice tests, review of notes, word-problem wedge, memory methods, etc.
Regular Lessons: 1-2 hour Zoom lessons to study one or more academic subjects previously identified.
Before the lesson, the student can email materials to Jeff for him to review prior to the lesson.
During the lesson, Jeff will explain topics and demonstrate ways to better read, analyze and solve problems, questions and writing topics. Jeff will also offer suggestions on study methods that may be useful when the student is working on their own, including flash cards, practice tests, review of notes, memory methods, Jeff’s Word-Problem Wedge, etc.
After the lesson, the student can email Jeff to report on progress or ask a follow-up question.
$150: 1 hour $225: 1.5 hours $300: 2 hours
* 45 minute Zoom lesson to make flash cards and review notes (up to 10 students).
* 1 hour Zoom lesson to support Parents (up to 10 Parents) whose children are at home due to Covid-19 or parents who home-school full time. Jeff demonstrates how to meet common student needs for writing paragraphs, solving word problems, doing the “new math”, and how parents can contribute significantly without knowing the subject matter (make flash cards, write practice tests, and rewrite notes).
1.5 hour Zoom lesson to write normal practice tests, make flash cards, or solve problems using Jeff’s Word Problem Wedge (up to 8 students).
1.5 hour Zoom lesson to make difficult flash cards, write difficult practice tests, or write essays/reports (up to 5 students). After the lesson, students can email Jeff with final copies of practice tests for feedback.
Generally on Wednesday or Friday mornings.